WICU® TUBE - THE PLASTIC-COVERED COPPER TUBE
WICU®, the plastic-coated copper tube, is used for all applications in domestic installations, especially where good external protection is required - e.g. when laid under plaster, in rooms with aggressive atmospheres and as an outdoor or underground line.
It can be used for drinking water, heating, gas, liquid gas and rainwater. The sheathing also forms a thermal barrier that reduces heat loss in underground tubes and condensation from pipes exposed to cold.
- Certified for outdoor corrosion protection according to DIN EN 13501 Class E
- The copper tube is protected against aggressive materials, accidental damage and abrasion
- Reduced installation time
- Condensation is reduced on exposed pipework
- The surface temperature of the tube is reduced, reducing the risk of burns and overheating
- The plastic covering withstands service water temperatures of up to 95°C
- The covering remains flexible down to -60°C
- The noise level in exposed pipework is reduced
- The need to paint exposed pipework is reduced
- Suitable above or below ground as outdoor piping (e.g. for LP)
- Suitable for installation in areas with an aggressive atmosphere.
CAN BE USED
- hot and cold water systems
- Underground pipework, including contaminated ground
- Pipework installed in concrete
- Humid environments